Mon to Fri - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
The attention to detail that went into my hairline was impeccable.
Causes of Hair Loss in Women
Advantages of FUE (Unshaven FUE)
1) It is a perceived as an advantage that the procedure is performed on long hair. The reality is that the surgeon still shaves areas of scalp leaving patchy areas of hair loss behind.
2) The downtime is perceived as less, as a matter of fact, the downtime can be longer as the client is left with patchy areas of transplanted short hair in between the native long hair.
Disadvantages of UFUE (Unshaven FUE)
1) Significantly higher transection rates compared to traditional FUE, thereby leading to a lot of wastage of precious donor hair
2) The number of grafts that can be extracted are significantly lower than that with traditional FUE
3) Twice as expensive a normal FUE with far poorer outcomes
4) Significant scarring of donor area as the surgeons focus on one small zone to extract the follicles.
5) Long term sustainability of the transplanted hair might be poor as the follicles might be extracted from non-permanent zones
In short, I believe clients should exercise extreme caution whilst opting for a procedure that is significantly more expensive whilst it can cause more harm than good. The scientific community has every reason to believe that UFUE(Unshaven FUE) could turn out to false economy and an unscrupulous marketing ploy until the doctors can come up with any tangible outcomes.
I believe clients need to understand that there are different ways of camouflaging and getting the maximum out of the surgery by experimenting with different hairstyles rather than paying over the odds for an unproven and potentially damaging surgery.
Let's Grow Together
Dr. Raghu Reddy
FUE Hair Transplant Specialist
Get in Touch
Drop us a message or give us a call for more information.
A member of our team will be more than happy to help.
107 Harley Street
London, W1G 6AL